Lyceum-Northwestern University was founded by Dr. Francisco Quimson Duque and Mrs. Florencia Tiongson Duque in 1969 as a single-room nursing school at the Dagupan City Polyclinic Hospital and was then called the Dagupan City School of Nursing. The school had an initial population of 94. Over the years LNU has become A center of academic excellence and research that contributes towards global competitiveness. It has grown to 2 sprawling campuses with 7000 students studying in dozens of programs from various study areas designed through continuous innovations which are relevant, meaningful and attuned to the times and enriched with the integration of Filipino values.
The Lyceum-North-western University believes that the moral obligation of any institution of learning is to prepare the students into productive professionals and entrepreneurs equipped with the educational modernity, social and spiritual values to face the dynamism of a global community with the context of the regional, national and international setting.
A centre of academic excellence and research that contributes towards global competitiveness.
The Lyceum-North-western University endeavors to pursue the following objectives:
1. To provide the student program of studies which are relevant, meaningful and attuned to the times and enriched with the integration of Filipino values.
2. To offer excellent opportunities and provide service in the fields of research, medical and paramedical programs, science, information technology, education provide the student program of studies which are relevant, meaningful and attuned to the times and enriched with the integration of Filipino values. Ion, entrepreneurship, law enforcement and vocational and technical programs to the people of Pangasinan and the neighboring provinces through competent and qualified instructors and adequate state-of-the-art facilities in an atmosphere of discipline and values.
3. To provide efficient and practical instruction adapted to the needs of courses offered and state-of-the-art facilities for specialization so that the student may gain experience for the actual practice of what he has learned.
4. To maintain a wholesome and stimulating environment for the student life comparable to that which prevails in progressive institutions of similar kind with intensive training in leadership; emphasis on academic excellence, character building and a firm foundation in liberal education.
5. To establish a meaningful interaction between the students and community by way of community-oriented institutional co-curricular activities designed to involved their course of study with a strong sense of community spirit.
6. To foster cultural and artistic expression as necessary component of personal growth and development.
7. To foster social consciousness and greater awareness of the political and socio-economic situation by way of enjoining active involvement in community affairs.
8. To establish a continuing linkage with the alumni geared towards the furtherance of their self-growth while emphasizing their role in the development of their community.